Monday, November 9, 2015

Now I Lay me down to Sleep.....

On October 4th, there was a Walk to Remember out in Colorado put on by the Now I Lay me Down to Sleep organization.  This organization does memory boxes for families who have lost babies and they also do photography for those as well.  Since I was not able to drive out there and attend, they have a Virtual walk that they did at the end of October so I participated. 

When you sign up, your babies name will appear on a shirt, in a schedule of events book and in the commemorative magazine.  They also have a program for those of us that did the virtual walk and read our babies names.

Back of the Tshirt!
 
 Goodies I received.

Reading of  the Names.

 After I watched the service, I released the balloon that they provided to us in our goodie bag. They had us attach a card with our babies name and their email address so that if anyone found it they could notify the organization. Hoping his will be found! 




 And then I was off for my run in Memory of my sweet baby boy.  I thought it would be fitting to run at the cemetery for this.  So I did stop and take a couple of selfies!


Earlier that month was the National baby loss day on October 15th.  They encourage people to light a candle in Memory of your child or someone that you knows child.  I did it for both!!! 

Also that same day, our local MOPS group put together some flower arrangements to put on all of the babies memorials at our cemetery.  I was honored to be invited to this event and speak about my experience and then help place flowers on others graves.


This was the bouquet that was given to me personally from MOPS.  What an awesome thing they did.  It means so much to all of us!
 And then to end my post with a photo for our name gallery.  I thought it was appropriate to do this one at Halloween out of the kids' Halloween candy ;) 

No comments:

Post a Comment