Sunday, August 18, 2013

4th of July

We packed a whole lot into 4th of July:
 
To begin the day, a 5k with our Trio.....I even shaved 2 minutes off my time.  And it couldn't have been a more gorgeous morning.
 
 
Next up was our annual neighborhood water fight.

 
It gets pretty serious......:)




 
Love this of the mom's taking pics.
 
Steve happened to snap this shot when the flag was blowing.
Couldn't have been more perfect way to show why we celebrate!

Hunter was our front line man....He kept sneaking over to the "other" side.  And I think Reanna joined the "other" side :)

 
And somehow after blowing up balloons for at least an hour for everyone, I still end up getting soaked from someone...every year.....lol :) 

After the water fight we headed to my grandparents for their annual 4th of July party.  They always had good food...cotton candy, corn dogs, sno cones...you name it.  And fun games.
 
This game was a little like musical chairs...but when the music stopped if you had the bucket you had to pour it over your head.  Somehow the first round the music stopped on grandma....grandpa was in charge of the music :)




I cheated and just got my hair wet ;)


After food and games, we went to the front to shoot off fireworks.  For some weird reason I didn't take any pictures.  The kids were lighting fireworks and having a blast.  On the way home we were able to catch the tail end of McPherson's firework show at the park.  Except I think both kids were tuckered out by then.  What a great way to spend the 4th.  Family, Friends, Food and Fun....

No comments:

Post a Comment